Working full time at one job and then having other jobs, while totally rewarding, is really sometimes draining! Not in the way that makes me not want to work at one…more in a way that makes me look forward to a great sleep at night and a wonderful coffee in the morning.
Being busy is one of my favourite things, sitting all day sounds like a nightmare to me. Since I have been MIA for WAY.TO.LONG. I thought I would simply update…
What I have Been Up To…
…Working out following this program now for almost 6 weeks… and I LOVE it
…Preparing for an upcoming family vacation to Mexico
…Cracking down on clean eating in my house
…Teaching more Zumba classes starting next week
…Teaching Zumba in chairs at retirement homes
…Working at the chiropractic centre
…Actively avoiding people who complain about the weather
…Discovering new bloggers
…Signing up for TONS of inspirational business lady e-courses
…Cleaning the apartment...everyday…
…Spending time with good people
What I Am Into Lately…
…Unsweetened cashew milk (!!) in my coffee
…Not shopping at Costco
…Avoiding shopping at all
…Getting back into light running
…Plantains & white sweet potatoes
…Ditching protein powder
…Essential oils & diffusing them in my apartment
Current Recipes I Am Loving...
...Marinated Carrots from What's Cooking Good Looking
...Easy Vegetable Based Pizza Crust from Primal Palate
...These Tasty Chocolate Bars from Meghan Telpner
...Carrot Cake Balls make a great snack from Joyous Health
OH! I am working on some great new posts..stay updated by subscribing to my newsletter below...
I am back again, today I am sharing a super simple recipe that I have been making all the time and where I have been!
I got a new job back in February and it has really changed my whole life…since then I am massively reduced the number of Zumba class I teach and I have move away from my other jobs I was working and I am working my full time job! I am working for a chiropractor here in London who places a huge emphasis on nutrition and overall well-being and holistic health.
With getting a new job came moving into an apartment with my boyfriend and living on my own! I am enjoying it so much but learning so much, too…I am excited to share some new ideas on shopping, budgeting, eating local, finding organic foods, prepping foods and fast simple meals, so stay tuned and make sure to let me know in the comments what you wants to hear about!
With being so busy and working hours that are not always consistent, I have been finding things that are filling, nourishing and delicious to eat and pack for both myself and my boyfriend, chia puddings have been a life saver!
Here is my favourite recipe, I like my chia puddings a little loose so it is more liquid-y than some other recipes, but it is a great thing to make a big batch of and enjoy throughout the week…
This recipe using ¼ cup of chia seeds, I like adding lots of chia seeds so that this will keep me full for the morning, I don’t get snack breaks so I need something filling and 2 tbsp of chia seeds would never work for me!
This recipe is super flexible, you can choose any fruit that is seasonal and easy to find, I got these wonderful mulberries from my neighbours house. I went to spend the day with my parents for Canada and we were picking fresh black raspberries and mulberries, from around our house! There is something so special about enjoying fruits or foods that you pick with your own hands. These berries (black raspberries too!) are not something you find every day at the store or the market, so eating them only one time a year makes it so special!
Super Easy (almost instant) Chia Seed Pudding (serves one)
¼ cup organic chia seeds
1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp pure grade B maple syrup (optional)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ peach, sliced thin
½ cup mulberries
Add almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla and sweetener (if using) into a bowl. Whisk for 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and the chia seeds are suspended in the liquid (it will continue to thicken as it sits). Pour into container and top with peaches and mulberries.
Please, let me know what you would like me to post about! I am excited to be back at it...
What's your favourite fruit combination?
Hi friends! I have an exciting guest blogger today, Whitney is a personal trainer who is sharing with us some tips on body image! With it being the new year and we all are setting goals,it is important to take some of these great tips into consideration when we work hard to achieve them! Body image is a struggle for so many people, remember to keep your health first and apply these great tips and you're well on your way to achieving your 2015 health goals!
Body image is so important to your overall wellbeing. There is a lot of controversy in the world these days surrounding body image. Positive body image oftentimes turns into shaming of the other end of the spectrum, such as “fat shaming” or “skinny shaming” - both of which I despise. This phenomenon is typically experienced by women. Songs such as Megan Trainor’s “All About That Bass” was meant to promote body confidence, but stirred up controversy with words that seemed to be bashing the appearance of women that were thin. Seriously, why can’t we all love our bodies and promote that to one another?
I want to add a disclaimer here, as we get started in this post, to share that while I do believe a woman can be beautiful at any shape or size, we also need to promote health and wellbeing. We are our most beautiful when we are taking care of our bodies; we just need to remember that God created us all in different shapes and sizes.
When you start to lack confidence in your body, I want you to come back and read this article again. Really take these tips for loving your body to heart, and implement them into your life so that you can have that rocking confidence again!
• Find an exercise program or another physical activity that you enjoy. You may always feel free to contact me if you need help finding one perfect for you. Get your body moving on a regular basis - at least 5 times a week for 30 minutes. Don’t use this exercise as a way to punish your body because you are unhappy with it; use exercise as a reward to yourself because you LOVE your body and want to feel your best.
• Spend a little extra time getting ready. I know that you’re probably constantly running in what feels like a million different directions, and chances are you may not always give yourself much time to get ready to conquer your day. I know for me, I work from home, so it is very easy to roll out of bed and work in my pajamas all day. However, if I spend a little extra time in the morning putting on some nice clothes and fixing my hair, maybe even putting on a little makeup, I just feel better about my appearance. Something so simple can truly change your outlook on your day.
• Really ponder what your body does for you every day. Your body helps you get around the house, it helps you drive your car, digest your food, create life - your body is a miracle and is the instrument of your life, not just a pretty outer shell. Really think about what your body is capable of doing.
• Smile! This may seem simple, but when you are out and about during your day, be sure to hold your head up and smile. Smile at a stranger. Trust me, it will brighten their day AND your day. Remind yourself that you are beautiful when you smile, and it may completely change the course of that stranger’s day.
• Stop comparing yourself to others. Just stop it. Like I mentioned before, God designed us all differently. The same shape of a person running around everywhere would make for a boring world to live in. What 175 pounds looks like on me may be comparable to what 140 pounds looks like on someone else, but I have to remember that I am just shaped differently from that person. We may weigh different amounts but look the same. Or someone else may not be battling a health concern that makes it difficult to lose weight like you may be. The only person you ever need to compare yourself with is yourself.
I’d love to hear if you have any tips for loving your body - we could all use some extra tips from time to time and I would love to hear yours!
Whitney DeLong is a certified personal trainer and online fitness coach specializing in helping women become happy in their own skin, confident with how they look in the mirror, and empowered to help others do the same. Whitney hosts online fitness groups and one-on-one coaching for weight loss. Contact Whitney and view services at http://www.whitneydelong.com.
Amanda is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist out of Southwest Middlesex, and London ON. She works with clients to help them achieve their health and wellness goals!
Follow me on Instagram!